Friday, January 22, 2010

Time in the kitchen.

Home cooking.. I am not talking about pulling a box of precooked preservative filled something out of the pantry or freezer. It's the flour, sugar, baking soda, real ingredients that I am referring to. Let's live in reality here for just a moment. We (my family) have been eating out of boxes and ready to cook freezer foods for years. As a matter of fact if there is nothing quick and easy to make my family get's nervous. "You mean I have to prepare my food??" Then of course it's a run to the store or drive-thru to take care of the problem.... Now it's not that I don't enjoy cooking, I really do. It's that we (I) have gotten lazy. Sooo I did not conciously make this a new years resolution but it's close to the new year and I have decided to change this issue, 'close to the new year and changing a habit' feels like a resolution......

I have been looking on the web for home cooking sites and although there are a unlimited amount them out there I have yet to find what I am looking for. I don't know what I am looking for but will know it when I find it. Of course I do have a boatload of cookbooks at my disposal. I could actually pick one up and turn the pages...... Keep your fingers crossed for our taste buds.... It's been awhile...

No comments: